One thing about deployments, holidays may have ceremonies or food events, but they are usually short and we get right back to work. It doesn't matter if it's Christmas or Thanksgiving, it is a normal work day for most. The Taliban is not celebrating Christmas or Thanksgiving, so we really can't either. Also, for people that take being away from home on the holidays really hard, it just makes it harder if they are off for the day and sit in their room thinking about it.
Some of the Air Force medical mentor team setup a barbecue for the few (~20) Air Force people. There were barbecues going on all over. It's a simple process of requesting steaks, chicken, and sausages from our dining facility managers. It was nice, we also had some near beer...not quite the same.
On our way back from the ceremony, after we departed the main base Kandahar, we saw a monkey in a cage. I assume one of the Afghans owns this monkey...I can't think of why? Some of the funny things we see...I never ceased to be amazed. I've attached the zoomed out and zoomed in shot.


No comments:
Post a Comment