Sunday, May 9, 2010

Out visiting a base in Kabul.

This Afghan Soldier was standing guard at the Afghan base we visited today. He wants me to bring him a copy of the picture, so I have to figure that out. This is an old Russian base.

This is what is left of the Russian Army from the Afghan-Russian war. These are all over the country. It appears the Russians left a lot of their equipment and vehicles behind when they went home. I don't think any of it is functional.

These are a few women in Burkas walking outside the base.

And everyone's favorite...dinner. Looks a little messy. I really don't want to know how the sausage is made, just bring me my burger:)


1 comment:

Lesley said...

I guess with everything, the Afghan people tries to make good on what they have. Some of us should be thankful for what we have.

Seems like vehicles and pedestrians share the same roads at the same time without any stop signs or yield signs.