Thankfully, another quiet night...no sirens.
Today went well. Good conversations with my Afghan Colonel along with a tour of the ammo supply point.
Here are some guys catching shade under a truck...pretty common to see, since it's 104F today.
Here is what some of the soldiers live in. We will work on this.
Here's a shipment of RPGs. It'd be great to fire one these.
This is a guy doing de-mining operations. Not really a team type job, if you know what I mean. There is no I in team, but there is a me.Here's what they call the museum. It's old RPGs, grenades and other explosives. It's all live and kept in a hot container. Not sure how stable it is, but I'm not hanging out there. I took a pic and split!
It's lunch time and the soldiers are enjoying a meal together. They're very social.
This is just a cool pic of some helicopters landing.Here's the update on the new kitchen. It's operational, but still needs a roof. They're happy with it, but will be happier when we block the sun. We're working on it.
Tim Horton's Coffee house...I had the iced cappuccino and it was great!!! A large for $2.50...unheard of!!!









1 comment:
I see from the first pic that the British Army camouflage training course was popular...!
Post a Comment