I started the morning by meeting with the ANA Colonel and he was very jolly today. Of course he knew we were taking him to lunch at FOB Lindsey for his weekly treat. We discussed moving 82 storage containers into the security of the yard and I let him know I set the date for the end of the month...this will give them time to label each container with a general idea of what's in them. Our goal is to organize them with common items side by side, so they can find things easier and keep better accountability. They are a mess right now. To their credit, they are undermanned, so there is little time to organize. Just because it would be my priority, does not make it theirs. I'm hoping we will get a little better at organizing. One of the guys on my team has setup a tour to take the warehouse guys and the ANA Colonel to see a new organized warehouse, so they can get an idea of how tidy and neat it should be. Don't know if this will help, but at least they'll have the same picture in their mind as we do.
I let the ANA Colonel know about a complaint I received from a US contractor that put an order in a while back. She said she brought in 30 days ago and submitted it for a order. She came back from leave and stopped back by to find out that the person took it to their room and left it there for the last 30 days...what the heck...why would you take an order to your room. Anyways, when asked who had it in their room, she told me it was the guy with the beard....ummmm, let's see...there's only three or four guys without beards, so you may as well just say he was an Afghan. It drives me crazy when people have complaints and not enough specifics to follow up and fix the problem. It has been ordered now, of course. We'll have to tell the guys that if they want to take it to their room...they'll have to make a copy...LOL.
One last thing for today. We have this old ANA Colonel that said he wants to run with us...obviously to get the shoes. He is size 9 and I do have two pair left, but I'm afraid he'll die of a heart attack. Also, I'm not too sure he'll just show up once and never come again. So should I have faith? Should I give him the shoes? Please post on the comments your thoughts.
I spent the rest of the day in a meeting that ran until 6pm.
I didn't get a chance to get any pictures today.
Here are the pics of Afghanistan in the 1960s.
I'm almost certain this is the famous Abraham Mosque in Mazar-e-sherif.

There's a story about the doves here. They arrive and are brown and they become white after entering the mosque.
![]() |






3 comments:
What is the saying - give in good faith. Maybe the ANA Colonel will have good faith in him by not skipping out if he does run the first time. I surely hope he would since you are helping him. Hopefully, he has shown actions before that would prove trustworthy going forward.
Thanks for taking the time to post! Hoping those 82 storage units will be moved by or before the deadline. It's always nice to have everything in it's place.
Stay safe!
Lesley
Maybe you could give it to him after 5 runs or something?
Give them to him and show him a picture of a donor. Pretend it's me if you want. Ask if you can take a picture of him in the shoes running with y'all so I can put it in my scrapbook.
Post a Comment