Rocket Status: None so far.
Today I had some news that was disturbing. I was sitting with the ANA Colonel and we were talking about one of the guys and I could tell the way the Colonel said something about him that he wasn't happy with him. I asked about it and he told me that the ANA Major beat one of the soldiers and for them which is even worse abused him (meaning he called him something bad). They said the beating is okay, but abusing is not. Wow. I called the Major in and told him it wasn't right to hit a soldier and that he can't do that and earn the respect of the soldier and build a cohesive team. It really made me angry, because he is destroying the team I'm trying to build at the same time. He's also my running partner and thinks we are great friends...I'm having a hard time with that right now.
Here is what remains of what used to be a field full of tents. Luckily the ones in the background were 25 feet from this group or the whole tent city would have burned down. FYI...these are tents for the Afghan Nat'l Army (ANA).
A unit showed up in force to pickup rice, oil, tents and mattresses...this is very good to see.
Here they're loading 900 bags of rice or approximately 44 tons.
Here are the 1960s pics of Afghanistan...
I love the laundry pic.
I have no idea where this is and can't imagine anything looking like this in Afghanistan. The boat has a sign that says "Gurkha" if anyone wants to try to find out where this is. There's also a small red sign that looks like it says "Seven Springs."







3 comments:
It seems like you're in the middle of a tug of war. Just when positive steps are made, something happens that takes you back several steps. I am sure this is frustrating but keep the positive efforts going. At least the ANA Colonel is taking an interest in learning English. Encouraging!
Some of the 60s pic reminds me of the French Quarter in New Orleans and the Riverwalk for some reason. I guess it's the way the buildings look along with the bazaar/market type atmosphere along with the horse carriage that made me think of N.O.
Take care of yourself - thank you and others for all that is done!!
Lesley
You're certainly feeling the burden of being a leader. It sounds to me like you're doing a great job. That's why someone trusted you enough to tell you what happened.
I think one of the hardest parts of leadership is learning to see our friends/co-leaders clearly. I have great confidence you will work though this with your friend. He can be your friend and believe differently than you. It might be interesting to find out why he thought that was a good way to deal with a soldier. Learning more will help you lead.
Good luck!
The boat may be in Kashmir.
Post a Comment