Rocket Status: None tonight, so far.
Today I went to meet with the ANA Colonel. It's the first time I've seen him since he disappeared yesterday afternoon. I really wasn't in the mood to see him, since he hadn't ensured our agreement was done on clearing the tops of the containers and preparing them for movement. He called his Captain in to his office in front of me and told him this was his fault and that's why the movement was cancelled. I was pretty fed up with the stalling and finger pointing. It was the ANA Colonel's responsibility for it to get done and he failed. I told him I was upset, because I wanted to move the containers and get them organized as well, but I couldn't request all the equipment and manpower unless I was sure they'd taken care of business and of course they hadn't.
I didn't really want to be around them today...just too frustrated from all the corruption yesterday. I usually take them to lunch with me on FOB Lindsey, but today I told my team we're not taking any of the ANA to lunch today. I left the interpreter to explain that I didn't take them to lunch because I was upset. I don't know how much rapport I lost over today, but I'm a little tired of always giving. It's the Colonel's turn to give a little...just a little and I'll work with it.
I'm sure glad tomorrow is Friday...looking forward to not discussing any issues with the ANA for a day...hopefully recharge my batteries.
We were discussing theft of firewood yesterday and here's a truck overflowing with firewood. It's over 100F and for some reason they're issuing firewood. They do make the most of their hauling capability...don't think they could fit one more log.
These trucks are even more full.

Here are some pics of Afghanistan in the 1960s...




This looks a lot like Switzerland or Austria...beautiful.

1 comment:
Why the hell are they allowing people to just steal that wood?
Post a Comment