Rocket Status: Got one rocket attack while I was over at Tim Hortons. No fun laying face down on the dirt and then hanging out in a bunker...didn't hear a boom...I know why. It landed near the gate and was a dud...it must be all the high quality research and development they put into their rockets.
Donation: Received two pairs of shoes and toothpaste, toothbrushes and other assorted items...thanks to Lesley.
Running: Today I had three runners show up. Still trying to find a few more.
Today we had a DV visit to our logistics depot to see how everything worked. It's amazing how the ANA Colonel has things he wants to tell the big boss, but never mentioned to me. Oh well, she understands and is just happy he's thinking about the problems. The visit went well.
On my way to this meeting we were surprised to see smoke rising in the distance. As we got closer, we saw the tents burning down. That's disappointing, because now these guys don't have anywhere to sleep.
I also found out today that there is a computer classroom with an instructor. This could be the perfect opportunity to get some of our guys trained...they start from zero knowledge level. The person setting up the class said he wouldn't be interested in my four guys, because that's not enough...he'd like ten. Why are the easy things so hard here? I don't get it...you're getting paid to train, so shut the heck up and train 1, 2, 3, or 4 or whoever shows up for the class, because he has zero students right now.
Oh, we received cooking oil today. Do you think this is enough? You can see it leaking on the floor. I'm sure it will keep just fine in 100F+ temps. There's also a pic of a jingle truck still loaded partially with oil for the fans.

Now the 1960s pictures of Afghanistan...
Any ideas what type car this is?











3 comments:
You were wondering about the white car in the 1960's pictures, I believe it's either an Iranian Paykan or a Hillman Hunter.
The car seems to be a German "Opel Ascona" (Mark A). But that wouldn't match the image being from the 60s, for the car was launched in 1970. Are you sure about the image's date?
A French Citroen perhaps?
Post a Comment