Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This morning was nice and calm.  I went to the logistics depot to see the munitions guy about my list...I don't think he has it done and is constantly disappearing.  He suddenly has something to do when I ask about it or he leaves it at home.  Today he gave me a handwritten list in Dari, so the translator is working that tonight.  It's something, but we really need it by serial number...we'll get there.  Today I met with the ANA Colonel for a little while. We discussed how our families where and then about business.  We had the normal interruptions, but we were able to get the most recent message from Kabul discussed.  The next thing on my agenda was the quarterly awards.  I was able to get names for all the categories.  I was pretty happy with all the names...they are hard workers and deserve a pat on the back.  Now I just need to have a meeting to discuss the choices and we'll be done.  Yahoo!!!

On my drive around the ANA base, I saw these US soldiers training ANA soldiers.  

Then I saw this guy with all the ammo around his chest like Rambo.  We yelled out the window and he posed for the picture...they love pictures.


While waiting in line to get into the gate, I saw this child driving this three-wheeled death trap.  I don't think most people have driver's licenses, so it isn't serious to them.  Like the kid on Indiana Jones :)


You can barely make out the Osprey in the photo.  The is the plane that rotate it's propellers, so it can take off like a helicopter and fly like a plane...pretty cool.


I was driving behind some Brits on my way back to base, so I snapped a quick photo for all in the UK.

Now for some old time photos of the 1960s in Afghanistan.

This is a Fort at the Khyber Pass.


Maybe someone can post a comment about what these are?


This is just a cool market picture...wish we could jump in and buy some things.


Hay!!!


Good night all...been a long day here.

No comments: