This morning, I met with my ANA Colonel and he was in a great mood and trying his English out. He's like Santa Claus...he's almost always smiling, he's jolly, tells stories, and he's hard to stay angry with. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the conex movement plan on paper as we discussed. He drew up a detailed plan that even showed the restroom attached to the building. I told him, we'd work it out and request the movement now that we have the plan.
This is all 100% rapport building...no work was discussed in the below:
After we were done discussing the, we discussed Ground Hog day and what it was...he's never heard of it, so I told him about the legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he doesn't see his shadow, there'll be an early spring. The ANA Colonel got a good laugh out of it. He said they have something like that in Afghanistan, so I asked him if it was when the Taliban come out of the cave and see there shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of fighting?
Then we somehow got on the subject of a rainbow and the Afghans believe if you find the end of the rainbow that a man will change to a woman or vice versa...something like that. I told him about our saying of a pot of leprechaun's gold and he got some laughs out of that.
Okay, back to work...I was coming out of the Colonel's office and saw these guys working desperately to load their truck.
Wait, did I hear one of them comment about I wonder if there's an easier way. I think they're saying...I wish there was some type of machine with forks on it that could pick this up and easily move it around. Boy, maybe some day, but for now...we'll just lift it ourselves. Hey guys, I think it might be this wooden pallet that is making it so heavy...don't know why all these stacks of goods are on wooden pallets...don't they know it just slows down our manual loading...
Tonight after my shower I saw two kittens...got a picture of one for you. These are the same ones that were around here a month or so ago.



1 comment:
Hi Tim,
Sounds like a fun day! I like your ANA colonel! A jolly Santa Claus is an interesting way to describe him.
It's funny that you told him about Punxsutawney Phil. I grew up with him the first half of my life when I lived in PA, now I think we have Agua Fria Freddie the rattlesnake in AZ. Funny!
The kitty's grown since the last time. She's probably busy hunting those mice that frequent the kitchen. HA!
My friend Jen took in two stray kitties! She had some surprise one night when one of the kitties delivered nine kittens between 9 p.m. and midnight! I teased her that it was a good thing I don't live in PA anymore or I'd probably take a couple off her hands. She's looking for homes for them since she already had a kitty and two puppies.
Thank you for sharing the stories! I always love to read your blog because you tell us about everything as you see it! Almost as good as being there! :)
Take care! Be safe! Thank you for everything that you do!
Janice
Post a Comment