Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to Turnover

Rocket status: None today.

This morning we had breakfast and went to pickup laundry. When we went to the laundry building it said Medical Clinic on the door...the personnel inside told us they moved and opened a new laundry facility. Here's the picture of the new place. It is pretty nice, considering we're in a war zone. They even decorated for the grand opening.

We spent the rest of the morning chatting with the ANA Colonel...talking a little and drinking a little chai. He told us about some more detergent that was coming in and had no where to store it but in the main warehouse. Here we go again I thought...I asked if he could store it in an outdoor area that's fenced off and that was no good either. Then I asked if he had another container we could store it in and he said he had a place to put it...I really should have pressed him to tell me. I'm concerned at where it might end up, but at least it's not in the main warehouse. He's been great to work with these last 4-6 weeks.

In the afternoon, we went to main base Kandahar to meet the Air Force advisor, so he could meet my replacement. We met at Tim Hortons and had iced cappuccinos while we chatted.

After that, I had just enough time to drop off the order for the ANA Colonel's plaque. I wanted to get him something for being a great host and friend.

Here's the pic of the rug I've been after for the last few weeks. It's hard to capture a rug's true look in a photo, since it changes color at different angles. The texture is also part of the beauty of it, which can't be seen. I think I'm officially done buying carpets now.


1 comment:

Janice said...

Hello Tim,

Sounds like an interesting day! I'm sure your ANA Colonel will miss you, but he'll appreciate the plaque.

Love the colors of the carpet you bought.

Take care. Be safe. Thanks for everything you do.

Janice