On Thursdays, Afghans work until about 12:00 and then they're off until Saturday. Today I wanted to get some things done with the Afghans, but had to attend a meeting that was from 9:00am to 11:35am...that was it...no working with the Afghans at all for me today. It's very frustrating.
We had a going away for one of our guys today at 4pm. They setup a BBQ with everything you can think of and more...no alcohol of course. There were about 30 people there and it was a great time. Only thing missing was an ice cold beer.
Since I didn't work with Afghans today, here's a pic of a nice jingle truck I saw.
No explosives today or anything crazy. We just did paperwork and a meeting. Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, but I have to meet someone at 8:00am, 9:00am and then a class on how to use money from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. There's also some paperwork to do in between, so I'll be busy tomorrow too.
1960s era pics from Afghanistan. I added some extra old pics for today to fill the space. Thought you'd like some of these.
Vegetable & Fruit market.
Couple of donkeys just hanging out.
These guys are firing this canon for a celebration.

These are the two guys firing the canon...you could probably assume that :)

Cute kids.






3 comments:
Hi Tim, the vegetable and fruit pic is mouthwatering and the one with the kids made me smile. :0)
Have a good day off (your everyday) work and hope you find a little time to do something you like.
Hugs,
Cyn
I love the colours in the clothing those kids are wearing! So bright and vibrant against the tan background. Lovely!
The vegetable stand makes me think of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy and Marion are walking through the Cairo marketplace. Love it!
As always, stay safe! Glad to see you had another join you in your run. :)
You can really tell the difference between the current pics and the ones from the 60's. The old photos do have an air of calmness while the current ones seem monotone. Maybe someday soon 'color' will return to Afghanistan. I hope someone takes new photos of those days. Thanks for posting these.
Post a Comment