Rocket Status: One tonight, but far away...didn't hear explosion.
This morning I showed up to run and the guys wanted to go to their weight room, so I figured they've come with me for every run for over a week and I'd do something they like. It was funny, because when we got to the weight room, they showed me a treadmill and got it running for me. I ran on it for about 15 mins and then lifted weights with them. It was a good morning...I didn't have to drag anyone out of bed.
I met with the ANA Colonel that morning and he was pretty pleased with his success of delivering weapons to the prison. I praised him and told him he was a master logistician and that when faced with a difficult problem, he did the right thing and most importantly, he got the job done! He really like that. He told me he did it to make me happy. I told him I didn't ask him to do it for me, but to keep his chain of command from thinking he is being unhelpful...again, he liked that too.
Everything pretty much went to plan today, so it was a good day. Also, everyone seemed pretty happy even though it was 106F/41C today.
Here's a pic of a jingle truck for you jingle truck lovers...I'm one too. He's carrying sundry items.
Now this guy is standing on the bumper and hanging on to the tailgate as this truck shoots down the road. I'm always amazed by their lack of safety.
Now the 1960's pictures of Afghanistan...
There is a fortress on the hill in the background.
I don't think the Land Rover has changed too much over the years.
I'm guessing, but I'd say this is the famous Mosque in Mazar-e-sherif.






3 comments:
Yay for having a good day!
You are good at what you do too Tim, not sure how often you hear it, but I am thinking it's not enough. :o)
What a beautiful Mosque!! That picture is definitely one of my favorites!
Good Night and Gros Bisou!
Cyn
I love the jingle trucks! they look so bright and ornate compared to the trucks we have.
Hi Tim,
You're a great guy! You know how to get the best out of everyone. Your runners weight room sounds interesting. Quite a change of pace from running.
I'm amazed at your ANA Colonel. He seems so innocent in that he wants to make you happy.
Thanks for the jingle truck! Wow this is really an awesome one! Happy, Happy!
I love the 1960s photos especially the fortress and the Mosque. Today I think I'd like to take up residence in that fortress!
Thanks for the great blog post and all of the photos! Take care! Be safe! Thanks for everything that you do!
Janice
Post a Comment