Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday was fairly relaxing, but hot 112F/44C

Rocket Status: None tonight.

I went to the office this morning and was having a nice cup of coffee when the phone started ringing.  I could tell by the conversation I was overhearing, that there was something wrong.

Apparently, one of the ANA guards got into one of our Hummers and crashed it so hard it was undriveable...he was only supposed to be guarding...not driving.  I talked to the ANA Colonel and he was very disappointed.  The guards were put there, so the convoy personnel wouldn't get in and steal or break things.  I let the ANA Colonel know we didn't need any guards now, since the convoys had left.  The Colonel was offering the guards in good faith, but it just didn't work out that way.  The vehicle can be fixed, but it's frustrating.

I spent most of the day trying to get my online training done.  I literally spent nearly 3 hours to get logged in, because the internet is so slow.  Didn't get the training accomplished...not happy about that.

Today I went to the boardwalk after work and thought you'd like to see what people do when it's 112F/44C.  Makes an Iced Cappuccino sound really good.

Then I ran over to TGI Fridays.  It looks like a real TGI Fridays.  

Here are some pictures of Afghanistan in the 1960s.



Check out this guy's beard.

Here's a nice mud house.


1 comment:

Janice said...

Hi Tim,

Not the way you want to start the day! I'm sorry it was so frustrating and disappointing!

You beat us in the temperature department today. We're only expected to get to 108, unfortunately, the dewpoint is 60, which makes it seem hotter. The boardwalk looks pleasant and so does the TGI Fridays.

Thanks for the 1960s photos. I look forward to my daily dose.

Take care. Stay cool! Be safe! Thank you for everything you do!

Janice