Thursday, October 14, 2010

Back home at FOB Lindsey

Rocket attacks: none today.

Well, we are back. We arrived back at the FOB at about 5am. We slept till 9:30, showered and went to work. Not much to do today other than catch up on lovely email. There's nothing more fun than opening your email after being gone for several days...its right up there with opening Christmas presents. :)

I did have a meeting to go to at 2pm, but that was the worst of it today. I received a call at about 1pm saying the validation team was here and their Major would like to go to the meeting with me...anything to add to the excitement :)

The day wrapped up fairly well. I spent some time discussing how and what the validation team would be doing. It's the best thing I've seen out of Kabul, since I've been here. They are assessing the capabilities of each logistics depot around the country to see how far we are from being able to reduce our manning and let them run it. Surprisingly, the news is very positive from the other logistics depot...I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with my depot as well.

My plan for tomorrow is to sleep in and relax, then check email and go to main base KAF to reduce the boredom.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad...Love it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your posts and it gives an idea of what your days are like there. Should be that all americans read blogs about soldiers lives over there. My son is at FOB Blessing but he doesnt blog.

Stay safe. I want to say God bless, but dont know if you are a religious person or not and dont want to offend.

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of OPSEC?