Rocket Status: none today.
Conference started late, as expected. The opening remarks always take a couple hours, but are usually scheduled for ten minutes...it's an Afghan thing.
My ANA showed up, so that's a good day. I looked over at the Sgt Major and he'd taken a couple of pages of notes in the first half day. I think he's really taking it seriously...that's critical since he's the gatekeeper of the logistics depot. The conference covered topics on the supply process that I'd been trying to get them to do since I arrived, but hearing it from their Generals was great...they even agreed with it as we talked over the break. I really do feel that I've made some significant progress, although I would have liked to accomplish much more. I truly believe when we all return to Kandahar, that they will implement what was discussed. My interpreter also said he'd go over it with them to ensure they get it.
The conference was a little packed, which is good and bad. At times it was a little too loud and out of control, but good that so many personnel were interested to come.
Hope tomorrow will be even better.
Sorry...I would have attached pics, but I'm having problems uploading in Kabul.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad...Love it!!!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment