Rocket status: None tonight.
This morning we met with the base contractors that were working on our generators. These guys have bent over backwards to help us every time we needed it. They've been working really hard to get our new generators up and running...we help by getting special parts that are hard to find, so they can make the connections, but they do all the physical part. These guys work 12-18 hours a day and never get a day off and are on call 24 hours a day...I know they get paid, but they do it with heart...nice to see.
The ANA Colonel was walking around when we showed up this morning, so we talked about all the progress his guys were making in every area. He was very pleased that everyone was so busy. The warehouse, containers, weapons, and ammunition are now inventoried and organized...which is quite a feat considering we/they did it in about 30 days. We also got the computer classroom up and running as well.
The Colonel had to run to the bank in downtown Kandahar, so we took the opportunity to go over to main base KAF to do another meet and greet and take care of some administrative paperwork. My replacement also got a hair cut and I looked at carpets...of course I'd never buy another :)
Our main group of people we work with had a group pic today, so at 3pm we had to be back for that. Immediately following, the US Army Colonel wanted to go to the Logistics Depot to see all that we'd done with the ANA. He was pretty happy and presented me with a command coin in appreciation of my efforts.
I really need to start packing...time is running out and I haven't mailed a thing...gotta get busy.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment