Saturday, October 16, 2010

NATO Team Validating our ANA for self-sufficiency!!!

Rocket status: None tonight.

This morning started with the validation team all piling into my vehicle...pretty funny...we had seven crammed in there.  When we got to the logistics depot, I tried to open the rear door, but it wouldn't open...they had to crawl over the back seat to get out.  Not the perfect start for the day, but it did get better.

I gave up two of my interpreters to help the team.  They are nearly done after just one day.  They said the ANA are doing things correctly for the most part.  The team leader told me he thinks we do too much for them...because they are happy to let us do it.  Another funny conversation was when the team asked how they would be if all the advisors left tomorrow...one person said they weren't ready and the other said no problem.  I gave him a hard time, joking of course, that he wanted to get rid of me...I know this person is competent though.

I did go to the bazaar today with the Aussies.  I've attached some pics for you.  Unfortunately, the setting on the camera was bumped and the pics aren't great...they'll have to do.

What's up with that hat?  The guy in the hat (Scott or Brownie as he's known by the Aussies) has become a good friend and he leaves in two days...his replacement is closest in the photo.




1 comment:

Julie Weathers said...

omg that is beautiful. I hope your replacement will blog and tweet also so we can keep up.