Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 2 with Validation Team!!!

Rocket status: none tonight. It was funny, I guess there were some explosions and machine gun fire at about 2am and the validation team thought we were under attack. I slept right through it...it was the range...they do that at night. I guess we just get used to it.

We were still waiting for my ANA Colonel to return from Kabul this morning. He finally showed up for the afternoon and the questioning began.

He was doing well until he asked when he thought the advisors could leave. He said he needs the mentors and couldn't give a specific time for when he could operate without them. I know he'd be able to operate without us...it's just easier to have us there...also, it's an easy out to blame us when something is wrong. They usually try to bring us into the decision making process, so they can say "The advisor said to do that."

I'm pleasantly surprised that the team has not found anything they didn't find at the other logistics depots.

That was about all there was for today.

Oh, my replacement is finally in Kabul; I should see him in a day or two.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad...Love it!!!

No comments: