Sunday, October 31, 2010

Next to last day in Afghanistan

Rocket status: none tonight.

I first have to with my wife a happy 18th Anniversary...still only seems like we've been married for a couple years...can't wait to get home and see you!!!

This morning I presented the ANA Colonel with a plaque and he presented me with two small rugs with Afghanistan designs on them...he said one was for me and one for my wife...it was a very nice gesture. He made sure that all the soldiers were present to shake my hand and take pictures. I do feel like I'm leaving a family, albeit a dysfunctional one...I will miss the challenges and also the friendly conversations.












Today my replacement saw these three items in the ground that looked like mines sticking up...but we didn't really think they were, since trucks drive over them almost daily. We discussed calling EOD, but then he popped the cover off of one of them...I ran clear and was yelling I've only got two days left and I'm not coming anywhere near that...LOL. Anyway, we'll have an EOD person take a look tomorrow.

It's Halloween here too...they were some people that did get dressed up.

For the record, this chap is a UK soldier. He's a great guy and enjoys having a good time...if you can tell.





Not a bad day...still doesn't seem like I'm leaving. I guess because I have to sit in Kyrgyzstan for a few days.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad...Love it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!!!
Take it easy out there Tim - 2 days thats all LOL.
Thank you for doing what you do.
Have a safe trip home and enjoy yourself when you get there. You deserve it!!!

Sincerely,
Nancy