First I have to wish my wife a happy 18th Anniversary...still only seems like we've been married for a couple years...can't wait to get home and see you!!!
This morning I presented the ANA Colonel with a plaque and he presented me with two small rugs with Afghanistan designs on them...he said one was for me and one for my wife...it was a very nice gesture. He made sure that all the soldiers were present to shake my hand and take pictures. I do feel like I'm leaving a family, albeit a dysfunctional one...I will miss the challenges and also the friendly conversations.
Today my replacement saw these three items in the ground that looked like mines sticking up...but we didn't really think they were, since trucks drive over them almost daily. We discussed calling EOD, but then he popped the cover off of one of them...I ran clear and was yelling I've only got two days left and I'm not coming anywhere near that...LOL. Anyway, we'll have an EOD person take a look tomorrow.
It's Halloween here too...there were some people that did get dressed up.
For the record, this chap is a UK soldier. He's a great guy and enjoys having a good time...if you can tell.
Not a bad day...still doesn't seem like I'm leaving. I guess because I have to sit in Kyrgyzstan for a few days.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad...Love it!!!
3 comments:
Hi Tim,
It's been a pleasure watching you work in Afghanistan with the ANA.
Have a very safe trip home. Enjoy your life with your wife when you get there.
Please take care! Thank you for everything you do.
Janice
Thanks so much for taking the time to keep up this blog in the middle of all your work. Wishing you safe travels on your journey home and all the best for your holidays!
Your blog has been so informative. I've enjoyed your great attitude and interest in the culture. Makes me really proud to know that you've represented America there. I have a close friend who is also at your FOB so your accounts of daily life there have been somewhat of a lifeline. Thanks so much and blessings on you and your family as you return home!
Post a Comment