All,
I've tried to send updates to my blog for the past few days with no success. I've resorted to the email update option.
I'm sitting in Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan, which I can say is the worst place I've had to stay in my seventeen years of service...we get two alcoholic beverages every twenty hours, but that's the only benefit. The food is bad, the toilets (90 percent stopped up) only have curtains...no doors, the showers don't drain and the tents have 100 to 200 people in them...not a great way to sleep. I'm Air Force and am disappointed at the way we treat the transient personnel when the people stationed here have new buildings to stay in with showers, toilets, cable tv, and washers/dryers in each building. I prefer anywhere I was in Afghanistan to here. The two drinks a day aren't worth it.
We are scheduled to leave Saturday. I was looking forward to being back in Kyrgyzstan, since I was here in 2004 for my first deployment. I find it hard to believe we were doing it so much better then than we are now.
I'm really looking forward to getting home...only a little over 48 hours now...yahoo.
Happily sent from my iPad ;)
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tim - take care & have a safe trip home. Thank you for your service along with many upon many others! Also, thank you for the updates. It gave a personal insight to the daily activities and life throughout Afghanistan - something we did not see on television.
God bless!
Lesley
Hello Tim,
I was wishing you were already home especially since today is my birthday! It would be nice to know you were home safe with your family, but I'll make more wishes in the hopes that they help you get home soon.
Take care. Thank you, as always, for everything that you do.
http://twitpic.com/33yyub
Janice
Post a Comment