Rocket status: none tonight.
Took my replacement to meet the ANA Colonel. The Colonel gave him the grand tour of the facility and then we had chai. We sat with him for a couple hours and it went well. My replacement was a little concerned over what the ANA Colonel would be like...he didn't know what to expect. He said he was not concerned at all after this morning.
Then I took him to do in-processing on main base KAF and to get a special access badge. I also took him to the boardwalk to see the shops, the main base exchange, and of course Tim Hortons for an iced cappuccino.
We then spent time visiting key personnel he needed to know at the mainbase. Mainly personnel that help get projects funded or to purchase items.
Today I handed over my phone and tomorrow he'll do all the driving.
I also found out that I don't depart now until the 2nd of November to Manas, Kyrgyzstan and then depart Kyrgyzstan on 6 November...about a week longer than I was expecting. At least I know I'm going home now.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment