Rocket Status: none tonight.
This morning we met with the ANA Colonel for a little while, then I noticed there was a vendor with a full truck of liquid detergent and they were headed for the warehouse. I spoke to the Colonel about putting it somewhere else, since we just cleaned out the warehouse. He said he had no where to put it and didn't have an empty container. I told him he had a container with scrap metal in it and he said he didn't know the container, so we went for a walk. When we got to the container, he asked the vendors to remove all the scrap and to offload their detergent into the container...thank goodness. This is the very first time I've ever convinced him to change his mind on where he was going to store something and also the very first time to get him to remove scrap from a container. I told him thank you and a big hug to show my appreciation. Today was a good day.
The rest of the day was spent running around doing in-processing. Not much to tell.
Here are some pics of the ANA Colonel when we visited the base the other day...
I'll get him to be a modern guy yet with his iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons...next thing you know, he'll be eating pizza.
Here he is eating pizza! LOL.
These old tools were found in a container. Some type of pans to carry dirt and panes of glass packed in wood framing with hay as cushioning...interesting.
These are Afghan snow shovels...they look kind of like pizza spatulas though.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment