Rocket Status: none tonight.
This morning I met with my ANA Colonel and we discussed leadership for a little bit...then he wanted tell me a story about a boy that was sick from one tribe that was treated by his tribe, but he lost me somewhere...It's the first story I didn't understand. I'll have to ask my interpreter tomorrow what it meant.
Anyway, inventory & order is still ongoing in the warehouse and will be until after I'm gone. It was nice to see the ANA Colonel has asked the soldiers to move the body armor to containers, so we can clean up the warehouse; our supply personnel were especially pleased to see it being hauled out of there.
Then I took the ANA Colonel to Tim Hortons for an iced cappuccino and a couple Tim Bits (doughnut holes)...he loved them. Next he wanted pizza for lunch, so we went to Mamma Mia's Pizzeria. He had a nice chicken pizza...I never realized how much pork is associated with pizza. Finally we went carpet shopping...he was looking for an Afghan rug with the country of Afghanistan and the flags of the coalition partners on it...he ended up buying two small ones.
Got back to base and immediately started working on the interpreter village air conditioning so they the transients would have A/C. We hooked up this large unit that had been sitting outside for 4 months and surprisingly it worked and worked well. We used a forklift to put it in place and then I wired it up temporarily until we could get it done permanently tomorrow. I stopped in tonight to see if they were happy with the A/C and they all were very happy and said, thankfully, it was still working well.
The validation team needed to be taken to the airport, so I took them over since my replacement was supposed to arrive in the evening sometime. I was planning on staying there for a while, but he arrived before I departed with the validation team...perfect timing.
I bombarded him with lots of things to prepare him for taking over. I'm sure it'll be a blur, but it is now started. Tomorrow I'll re-emphasize things we discussed tonight. Later in the week we'll head to Kabul to tour Logistics Command to give him, hopefully, a solid understanding of the ordering process, what the problems are, and how we might fix them or alleviate them.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reminds me a little of when the replacement carrier would take over in the Gulf. They would shoot off their first bird and we would all cheer. It meant they were now responsible and we were on our way home!!
Post a Comment